[OSM-talk] Overpass or XAPI API servers for 60, 000 node queries?

Roland Olbricht roland.olbricht at gmx.de
Mon Oct 7 16:32:36 UTC 2013

Dear Bryce,

I've cross-checked the Rambler instance. I'm sorry it indeed doesn't work on
that instance. It looks like an element on the network, most likely Nginx,
disconnects any connection if no data is sent for ten minutes.

A similar thing happened on overpass-api.de after 20 to 30 minutes. In that
case, that Apache log indicates that the client has aborted the connection,
but the client still waits. Looks like again something on the network did
break the inactive connection.

Cheers,

Roland