[OSM-talk] Mapping of multiple-lane toll areas

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Tue Oct 22 22:32:15 UTC 2013

On 22/10/2013 22:13, Johan C wrote:
> It is silly. Maybe too few mappers use the Wiki. Surely this mapper
> didn't.
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Lane_assist

Ignoring that they're not joined, I'm not sure what's wrong with this.
Complicated & detailed, yes, but not incorrect.

Lane assist tagging isn't relevant here as that's to indicate lanes to
different destinations. Here there's only one destination for each
direction. Also it would be more confusing as the lanes split & join in
different locations.

In theory the Individual lanes & tolls could be used by the operator to
indicate which booths are open & what vehicles you can take through them
(many have HGV only booths).

One thing I think is incorrect is the 130k speed limit. It's a bit hard
to throw your euros into the bucket at that speed.

Cheers
Dave F.