[OSM-talk] Mapping of multiple-lane toll areas

Norbert Wenzel norbert.wenzel.lists at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 07:57:59 UTC 2013

On 23.10.2013 00:32, Dave F. wrote:
> On 22/10/2013 22:13, Johan C wrote:
>> It is silly. Maybe too few mappers use the Wiki. Surely this mapper
>> didn't.
>>
>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Lane_assist
>
> Ignoring that they're not joined, I'm not sure what's wrong with this.
> Complicated & detailed, yes, but not incorrect.

It's not only that they are not joined at the end but from what I can
see from the aerial image it's also possible and allowed to change lanes
until short before the toll booth. Using different ways for different
lanes makes it impossible to tell if lane changes are allowed or even
possible.

I don't know if you also meant that when you said the ways are not
joined, but imo that's definitely also wrong with this sort of mapping.

Norbert