[OSM-talk] Wikipedia article

Jason Remillard remillard.jason at gmail.com
Sat Oct 26 04:11:22 UTC 2013

Hi Tom

Your blog post is very interesting.

Just in case anybody thinks that the rapid growth of OSM is inevitable
at this point,  this study shows how Wikipedia turned off its growth
like a switch when they starting clamping down on first time editors.
Since 2007 the number of active editors has actually decreased.

http://www-users.cs.umn.edu/~halfak/publications/The_Rise_and_Decline/

Unless the map in your area is 100% perfect and complete, be extra
nice to those new editors!

Jason