[OSM-talk] Living with 'improvements'

NopMap ekkehart at gmx.de
Tue Sep 3 16:17:20 UTC 2013

Hi!

lsces wrote
> Basically - does anybody have a smartphone option that correctly and
> safely
> handles UK motorways and trunk roads?

I noted that navit is currently missing from your list of options. I have
missed the last two years of development there, but I used to have it on my
smartphone before that as street navigation and I liked it a lot. You can
set up the routing speeds by street type in a configuration file and tweak
it until it matches your preferences. Naturally, I never tried it on UK
streets, but I would still be using it if the onboard navigation of the new
car didn't have such a great speech interface. :-)

bye, Nop