[OSM-talk] Living with 'improvements'

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Wed Sep 4 06:58:04 UTC 2013

NopMap wrote:
> I noted that navit is currently missing from your list of options. I have
> missed the last two years of development there, but I used to have it on my
> smartphone before that as street navigation and I liked it a lot. You can
> set up the routing speeds by street type in a configuration file and tweak
> it until it matches your preferences. Naturally, I never tried it on UK
> streets, but I would still be using it if the onboard navigation of the new
> car didn't have such a great speech interface.:-)

I knew there was a reason I'd crossed it off ... it will not install on the
tablet and it's not using the phones own keyboard but one where one has to find
the letters in alphabetical order. Basically it was crossed off the list before
even getting to test it's routing capability.

For those of you who haven't found it yet on Android ... Hacker's keyboard ... I
am so used to the N900's navigation keys and also needed access to things like
CTL, TAB and ESC when remote accessing the servers. Hacker's Keyboard gives that
back and more important BOTH devices now work the same way :)

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL