[OSM-talk] admin_level 4 rendering

Felix Delattre maps at delattre.de
Mon Apr 7 16:48:20 UTC 2014

I was going over the "departmentos" (admin_level=4) in Nicaragua
yesterday. And it does not explain to me why the names of them not
getting rendered in Mapnik. Please compare:

 * Province (admin_level=4) in Costa Rica:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/3222919#map=8/10.747/-85.051
(label "Guanacaste")
 * Departamentos (admin_level=4) in Nicaragua
http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/2194866#map=8/11.792/-85.122 (no
label "Chontales") or
http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/2195081#map=8/12.536/-83.798 (no
label).

No "departamento"/state's label is getting rendered but both have the
same tagging on their relations. The relations aren't new and no
rendering happens in the default mapnik style neither in the
humanitarian: http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=8/11.378/-85.045&layers=H

I would appreciate some help. This would make the map much more
comfortable and complete.

Kind regards,
Felix