[OSM-talk] Labeling Features

Peter Wendorff wendorff at uni-paderborn.de
Mon Apr 14 19:15:15 UTC 2014

Hi Khushdeep,
welcome to OSM.
There is no information about street names and such in aerial imagery.
Tracing from imagery is therefore done when you got the information out
of the images. Labels are not part of these tasks.

Of course if you were there, mapping as a local, not remotely, you
should of course add as much information as possible, especially street
names and so on, but as a remote mapper this is usually impossible and
for that reason not part of the tasks.

Perhaps the HOT guidelines should be adjusted if they don't make that clear.

regards
Peter