[OSM-talk] ReMAPTCHA Demo BETA 0.2 online! (Was: Hate captchas!!!!)

Tim Waters chippy2005 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 13:00:50 UTC 2014

On 28 April 2014 08:54, Paul Johnson <baloo at ursamundi.org> wrote:

> At least at face value, this presents issues for the US chapter, given
> blind people...

The most frequent response I have heard to similar comments in the past was
that the map as a whole presents more of an issue. It may seem a bit
obstructive and glib, but perhaps there is some truth here.  I think it
could be a good opportunity to examine all our infrastructures not only
image representations of geospatial data (i.e  maps).  Blindness is a
spectrum as I understand it - perhaps the lessons that are being learnt in
making OSM more vision impaired people into OSM could be taught to everyone
making mapping tools.

What progress has been made here and how could these be added to improve
this project?