[OSM-talk] online survey about the OSM community

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 11:29:12 UTC 2014

>It is a genuine survey, just those middle questions did not prompt any
sensible answers which is why I gave up :)

It sounds silly but how does one tell if it is a genuine academic survey or
not?  I'd like to see an https link to a known trusted web site and not
just the OSM wiki.  Has the survey been commissioned by a market research
company even though its been run by a University, are they collecting IP
addresses?

We need some type of process to validate survey requests, it isn't just red
tape if people feel they can trust the survey they will be more inclined to
fill it in.  The $100 gift card is fine but do you want people who map or
who fill in surveys for a chance of a $100 gift card, and in these days of
social media it can take minutes for someone to spread on an offer like
this.

Cheerio John