[OSM-talk] Adding Wikidata tags to 70k items automatically

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 23:43:34 UTC 2014

On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 12:47 AM, Edward Betts <edward at 4angle.com> wrote:

> I'd like to annotate these 70k objects in OSM with a Wikidata tag
> automatically.

+1. As somebody who would like closer integration between Wikimedia
projects like Wikidata and OSM, I definitely agree with the proposal. The
methodology, as explained, is quite conservative and I checked a few
matches in my country and they are all good. As suggested by someone, maybe
bridges should be excluded for now because of the split ways problem.

Does anybody have a strong preference that the edits are split up by region,
> or loaded in batches?

Splitting the edits by region/country would be really preferable so that we
mostly avoid the large changesets problem for this annotation task.