[OSM-talk] Street cabinets

François Lacombe francois.lacombe at telecom-bretagne.eu
Sun Feb 9 17:31:25 UTC 2014

Hi,

I was pretty frustrated to don't encounter any common tag to map street
cabinets (trafic lights control, water metering, phone connection
points...) in my city.

I was looking for something like man_made=street_cabinet or whatever but
it's not widely used in the DB.

Should I propose this new value on wiki (with additional tags to specify
what kind of street cabinet, obviously) ?

It would be interesting to document street cabinets since many of them
dangerously deal with pavement accessibility in urban zones.
This would be done to prevent specific primary keys about a particular
infrastructure to appear on the map.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Cheers.

*François Lacombe*