[OSM-talk] Summer of Code 2014

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Thu Feb 13 15:54:25 UTC 2014

As in previous years, I think some further work on kothic-js would be good.
Client side rendering considerably reduces server overheads for setting up your own mapping website, so ideas such as making it leaflet 0.7 compatible (appears to only work with 0.5.x or below atm), or client side caching (indexeddb etc) would be good. The latter would also allow interactivity to be added to the maps.

I'll put it on the wiki at some point. I don't know the kothic codebase in enough detail and also time is tight for me so not sure if I'd be able to mentor it, but as an idea I think it's good.

Nick