[OSM-talk] Summer of Code 2014

Frédéric Rodrigo fred.rodrigo at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 12:56:05 UTC 2014

Le 11/02/2014 22:29, Rob Nickerson a écrit :
> Some ideas:
>
> 1. Tools to compare OSM data against the available external data set.
> One recent blog post on this by SK53
> http://sk53-osm.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/looking-for-footpaths-in-hickling-notts.html
>
> 2. We need to be asking for not just full datasets but also regular
> change-sets. If we cannot get a change-set from the data supplier then
> we need to be keeping a copy of any imported data and creating
> comparison tools between the original imported data and the updated data
> from that government/organisation.
>
> 3. More data conflation tools. Not all data can be imported in bulk. We
> need to look at developing more tools to allow for piecemeal imports
> from the local community. For example the Android app Vespucci *could*
> be extended/forked to allow the following work flow:
>
> 3a. A new "import" dataset is added to a holding database.
> 3b. On the ground mappers can can then view this database on the ground
> using Vespucci on their tablet/phone
> 3c. For each element they mark it as "verified" or "incorrect", and if
> necessary change the tags or geometry using the tools already built into
> Vespucci. At this stage Vespucci has not shown any other OSM data, just
> the holding database layer. This makes it easier to use in areas of high
> data density.
> 3d. If the data is just nodes then Vespucci searches for potential
> matches in the OSM data. Is one is found the user is asked how to merge
> the two. If not found then the node is imported into OSM.
> 3e. For ways the user can either work with Vespucci to merge/import the
> data, or they can log in when back home using JOSM or ID and work with
> these editing tools to merge the verified data from the holding database.

Osmose QA tool do this job.
Look at this, last tow section at menu.
http://osmose.openstreetmap.fr/fr/map/?zoom=6&item=xxxx&level=1,2,3
Mainly items are in France.

Btw, the French region of Aquitaine (country around Bordeaux), have
funded work to integrate into osmose more OpenData on this territory, I
will do this in march.

For addresse integration we have also a specific tool :
http://addr.openstreetmap.fr/

Osmose can be a base work for this thematic. The OpenData part of Osmose
is done as generic, so add new opendata set is simple.

Btw, if you interested in add OpenData set to Osmose for integration or
validation/gardeange of already integrated data, just ask.

Frédéric.