[OSM-talk] Summer of Code 2014

Rob Nickerson rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 23:41:31 UTC 2014

>Osmose QA tool do this job.

Perhaps I am not aware of everything that Osmose can do, but my basic
understanding is that it provides an in browser view of errors already in
OSM. What I was trying to propose in (1) and (2) was a really slick, really
simple tool that allows the user to load in two datasets (e.g. original and
updated file from a government department, or a government file and an OSM
extract) and it shows you the big differences in a really simple intuitive
way.

For (3) I am proposing a mobile friendly way of getting people out on the
ground to verify data provided by a government and load it in to OSM
(either there and then via mobile, or back at home on their computer).

Happy to do some mock-ups if you like, but can't help much with (3). Longer
term I *might* be able to tackle 1 and 2 but it would take me ages to get
to grips with it all.

Regards,
Rob