[OSM-talk] Mapping in Ghana

Jean-Marc Liotier jm at liotier.org
Wed Jan 8 14:13:18 UTC 2014

On 08/01/2014 14:22, Gregory wrote:

> Try looking at the data. There are POIs such as toilets and car
> parking at the entrance to the National Park, hard to map from an
> armchair (unless it's a luxurious toilet seat!). Though they might be
> short-term visitors, they could be better to contact.
> These are the ones that seemed to have actually visited the area:
> [..]
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Jean-Marc%20Liotier

Short term indeed since I only visited the West Coast region with my
daughter on a tandem bicycle for a couple of weeks... 100% armchair
mapping, done after I flew back to Paris using GPS traces and orbital
imagery - but I could not have taken advantage of that as well as I did
if I had not actually been on the ground to know what I was looking at.