[OSM-talk] Interesting use of OSM data in Battlefield 4

James Mast rickmastfan67 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 9 06:56:41 UTC 2014

I just recently got Battlefield 4 and noticed that in the leaderboards area, that they have a real map so you can add your location to see how others around you are ranked.  To my surprise, they are using OSM data for the map.  I confirmed this by going down to Corridor H (US-48) in West Virginia and it was exactly how I did it in the OSM data on the most recently opened segment of that highway.

I just thought that this was interesting and wanted you guys to know about this.

-James