[OSM-talk] cycle.travel bike routing for Western Europe

colliar colliar4ever at aol.com
Thu Jul 17 22:10:39 UTC 2014

Am 17.07.2014 22:01, schrieb Richard Fairhurst:
> colliar wrote:
>> 1. How are separate drawn cycleways next to roads handled ?
>
> It prefers cycleways to roads, so it'll usually route via the cycleways
> (assuming they're properly connected).

It makes a real difference if you have a cycletrack along side a primary
route or a cycleway through the fields. In a city you often prefer calm
residential roads over cycleways along side major roads. In this way the
routing does not find many smarter, saver and shorter + faster routes.

>> 2. Neither traffic_light/crossing nor shape turns are evaluated.
>
> There's a routing penalty for traffic lights.

Well, how about crossing=* ? In my region there are no traffic_signals
map on cycleways but crossing=traffic_signal together with
highway=traffic_signal or highway=crossing on the common node of
cycleway and road.

> Not sure what you mean by "shape turns" - can you explain?

Sorry, was a typo. I meant sharp turns. I found a route where in favour
of the cycleway the route leads down a ramp, makes a u-turn (radius <
2.5m otherwise you fall into the river) and on the next bridge the same,
first 180° turn than uphill a ramp and two more turns.

>> 3. I would like to show you some examples but I did not find
>> any link/shortlink feature. Are gpx tracks any help ?
>
> You can log into the site and save routes that way - that's probably the
> best way!

Please, have an option to share the route without logging in.

Thanks colliar

Ein Dateianhang mit Bin�rdaten wurde abgetrennt...
Dateiname   : signature.asc
Dateityp    : application/pgp-signature
Dateigr��e  : 259 bytes
Beschreibung: OpenPGP digital signature