[OSM-talk] cycle.travel bike routing for Western Europe

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Thu Jul 17 20:01:44 UTC 2014

colliar wrote:
> 1. How are separate drawn cycleways next to roads handled ?

It prefers cycleways to roads, so it'll usually route via the cycleways
(assuming they're properly connected).

> 2. Neither traffic_light/crossing nor shape turns are evaluated.

There's a routing penalty for traffic lights. Not sure what you mean by
"shape turns" - can you explain?

> 3. I would like to show you some examples but I did not find
> any link/shortlink feature. Are gpx tracks any help ?

You can log into the site and save routes that way - that's probably the
best way!

cheers
Richard