[OSM-talk] Upcoming openstreetmap-carto changes

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Fri Jul 25 15:02:08 UTC 2014

> <mailto:tom at compton.nu>>:
>
>     I would dispute the claim that the Hertford East<->North link is in
>     any way a "significant feature in the landscape".
>

> Looking at this http://www.hertford.net/images/Hertford_East_Sidings.jpg
> it seems to be.

That is one little bit of track by the station at Hertford East and yes,
including that as a disused siding would be fine. Basically that is the
bit you can see here:

   http://maps.compton.nu/compare#18/51.79990/-0.06999/mapnik/bsa

where the start of the old track comes off just before the station and
loops round the back of the current platform.

You won't find any sign of it like that west of the station. For example
the bit here:

   http://maps.compton.nu/compare#18/51.79986/-0.07726/mapnik/bsa

is now a very long thin car park, and the bit here:

   http://maps.compton.nu/compare#18/51.80072/-0.08732/mapnik/bsa

is now a footpath (the line of trees in the aerial) and this bit:

   http://maps.compton.nu/compare#19/51.79602/-0.09156/mapnik/bsa

which used to be the link with the Hertford Loop south of the station at
Hertford North is now used as an access road for track maintenance.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/