[OSM-talk] Upcoming openstreetmap-carto changes

Matthijs Melissen info at matthijsmelissen.nl
Fri Jul 25 17:13:42 UTC 2014

Hi Tom,

On 25 July 2014 15:26, Tom Hughes <tom at compton.nu> wrote:
> Traditionally we have always said that out web site is aimed at supporting
> mappers and not at providing end user services like helping people navigate
> - we provide the data to let other people build services like that.

I have been looking before at history of the mailing lists etc. to see
if I could find back discussions about the  'purpose of the main map',
but I couldn't find anything. I would be very interested to read what
has been discussed in the past about this topic, and which arguments
were given. Do you remember where this has been discussed? Even a
rough year, or whether it was the forum/mailing list/irc, would help
already. Hopefully you can help.

-- Matthijs