[OSM-talk] "Incorrect speed limit" anonymous notes - who is behind that?

JB jbosm at mailoo.org
Tue Jul 29 09:09:21 UTC 2014

I don't necessarily want to analyse once more how the notes are opened,
closed or not closed and to what aim, nor analyse the end of
OpenStreetBug life and the quality of the remaining bugs, but in France,
I have never ever seen anyone comment on someone else's note (or «
resurvey »). The only comments I have seen were from the note opener,
when prompted by a potential corrector.

So a note which indicates « probably 90km/h here » or « speed limit is
not 0km/h » may remain there for years (yes, years), demotivate
potential note closers, never be closed. I do not think they participate
to a high quality note db. There are quality assessments tools around
that allow contributors to detect where speed limits are missing.

JB, with perhaps some bad faith in there, but not that much.