[OSM-talk] Why am I getting spam via OSM website messages?

Aaron Lidman aaronlidman at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 13:51:42 UTC 2014

I was interested as well and was interviewed as part of the study yesterday. It's exactly what it says. The questions were mostly focused on the community aspect of OSM; who makes up OSM, how often you edit, personal reasons for editing, questions about in-person events, how motivations differ from commercial mapping companies, etc..

I don't know how people were selected but he referenced personal stats from http://hdyc.neis-one.org/

It was all very well done and well researched. If you have concerns you should reach out to him, he was very receptive to feedback and seems to have more aspects to this study planned outside of interviews.