[OSM-talk] [Talk-GB] Fwd: Adding links to Wikidata (and Wikipedia?)

Janko Mihelić janjko at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 14:27:54 UTC 2014

This would be a very interesting experiment that would show how much this
two data sets correlate. The starting premises (distance, involving tags
and properties) should be heavily reviewed and scrutinized in this mailing
list though.

I think we should have a (semi-official) list of correlating sets of tags
in OSM and properties in Wikidata that guarantee something in one database
is the same type of entity as some other thing in the other database.

For example, if something in Wikidata has a pair:
P31=Q16970 (instance of=church)
then in OSM this is:
amenity=place_of_worship + religion=christian

If we had a database with these pairs of property and tag sets, we could
have a small map with dots that show where we have churches, on an article
about churches in Wikipedia. I'm sure more uses could be found.

Janko