[OSM-talk] Come back Osmarender, all is forgiven!

Rob Nickerson rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 21:12:00 UTC 2014

Andy,

I think there is a lot of positives in the new rendering as well. I for one
am delighted to see some life back in the "standard" map style, this way
new tags can be (and have been) added to the rendering rules. So it's a mix
- some things are improved, some things are added, and a few things get
removed.

As for a "show it all map", I guess this is where Vector Tiles may help in
the future. Meanwhile we have a lot of rendering options available, it's
also easier than ever to create your own, and tools like Overpass Turbo
allow you to on-the-fly checks of the data.

Best,
Rob