[OSM-talk] Come back Osmarender, all is forgiven!

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Sat Jun 28 20:02:48 UTC 2014

Elena ``of Valhalla'' writes:
 > The right solution to this kind of complaint is to help them set up
 > their own thematic map.

No. The right solution is to stop having "a map". We need to bring
opencyclemap, openrailwaymap, openpistemap, and opencanalmap back into
the fold, and offer all of them as "OpenStreetMaps, pick one." That
way, we directly attack the misconception that OpenStreetMap is a map
(yes, yes, I know, we're rather misnamed -- OpenGeodata is probably a
better name.)

Crynwr supports open source software
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315-600-8815
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  |     Sheepdog