[OSM-talk] Not attaching polygons to roads

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Tue Mar 4 06:21:03 UTC 2014

On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 4:42 AM, Janko Mihelić <janjko at gmail.com> wrote:

>> The disambiguating word is "initially". I explicitly say that
>> separating nodes is an improvement. I'm trying to make it clear that
>> "glued vs separate" is a "good vs better" issue, not a "wrong vs
>> right" one.
>>

> So if someone starts gluing separated nodes, she is making the data worse,
> and we can be mad?

That's not a good time to be mad.

If glued polygons are a valid mapping technique, they must be valid mapping
technique at any time (initial entry or data maintenance).

What's unacceptable is taking an area where someone carefully and
deliberately mapped polygons, and
wantonly gluing them, damaging what was done.