[OSM-talk] View data

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Mar 4 08:55:26 UTC 2014

Hi,

On 03/04/14 03:55, Morten Wang wrote:
> Is
> there any place to get this kind of information for OSM?  Would
> appreciate any help with this.

This data is certainly not readily available so would require an admin
to take the relevant logs, anonymize them for you in a suitable fashion,
and send them to you. Best way to get hold of admins is on IRC
(#osm-dev probably) but you're probably asking a big favour, especially
as filtering out a region from the logs is not straightforward.

Also, keep in mind that OSM meanwhile has a veritable CDN consisting of
lots of proxies around the globe so log files from multiple sources
would have to be combined to give you what you're looking for.

If you were to change your request to "all map views that *originated
in* the US" rather than "all the map views *of* the US" then that might
be bit easier since there should be one proxy serving the US most of the
time. But I'm on thin ice here since I am not one of the admins so
better go ask them directly.

Bye
Frederik