[OSM-talk] Not attaching polygons to roads

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Tue Mar 4 14:17:46 UTC 2014

On 04/03/2014 08:56, Lester Caine wrote:
> Bryce Nesbitt wrote:
>> What's unacceptable is taking an area where someone carefully and
>> deliberately
>> mapped polygons, and wantonly gluing them, damaging what was done.
>
> Is this happening often these days?
>
> There were many instances in the past where 'new mappers' were tiding
> up their local area based on the 'macro' view of things, but in
> general we have got past that now haven't we?
>
> Dave's original post was about a user who was doing this to his work,
> and as far as I am concerned the offending user needed to be handled
> as a 'vandal' !
>
> Much of the discussion on the thread drifted off from the original
> question,

Show me a thread that doesn't. :-)

> although a general consensus on perhaps starting with the macro view
> and then creating fine detail later by pulling things apart seemed to
> be agreed. I've found a nice shortcut (G) in josm that certainly helps
> with that, but anybody reverting such additional data simply needs
> blocking until such time that they do accept it is vandalism?

Personally I'd like to as I've had disagreements with him in the past.
However for now it's probably best if the changeset is just reversed. As
I've said I've not used JOSM much or its revert tool. Is there someone
with more experience willing to do it? Feel free to name check me
(DaveF) & maybe a link to this thread (is there a public, read only
version?) Changeset http://tinyurl.com/ndjzpkm

Thanks
Dave F.

---