[OSM-talk] new mailing list request - OSM outdoor/natural phenomena mapping

Christoph Hormann chris_hormann at gmx.de
Wed Mar 5 12:30:25 UTC 2014

On Wednesday 05 March 2014, Richard Z. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to propose a new mailing list. Currently we have serious gaps
> in modeling vegetation zones, climatic zones, geology, oceanography
> and most other natural phenomena.

Without wanting to discourage this in general - these are important
subjects - there are currently no thematic mapping related lists at all
so it seems somewhat odd to separate specifically these subjects.

In general most discussion on such subjects is currently in tagging -
which is of course somewhat questionable because not all mapping
related matters are about tags.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/