[OSM-talk] new mailing list request - OSM outdoor/natural phenomena mapping

Richard Z. ricoz.osm at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 15:22:20 UTC 2014

On Wed, Mar 05, 2014 at 01:52:50PM +0000, Dave F. wrote:
> IMO that should be amalgamated back into the general lists.
> Occasionally tagging procedures get changed after brief discussions
> between very small select groups metaphorically huddled together in
> the corner of a room, that turn out to be non beneficial to OSM.
> It's a similar reason why I believe IRC isn't helpful.

More often people change the wiki any way they like because they don't
find a suitable forum to ask. Even more often people just invent tags
without any documentation or discussion.

I have read plenty of the other lists talking about how complicated
it is to map pedestrian ways, memorial stones and Austrian street
addresses. Meanwhile we don't have a way to tag lava fields, lava flows,
hot springs, waterway=dam is a mess, I have just barely fixed waterfalls.

The world is just too complicated for one list and for someone mapping
the antarctic geology bus route mapping is not so interesting.

Richard