[OSM-talk] new mailing list request - OSM outdoor/natural phenomena mapping

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 16:17:55 UTC 2014

> More often people change the wiki any way they like because they don't
> find a suitable forum to ask. Even more often people just invent tags
> without any documentation or discussion.

Yes, these edits happen, but I doubt it is because there is not a suitable
mailing list (in the end "tagging" is suitable for all tagging questions),
IMHO this happens because the editor believes that he already knows "the
truth", and because he thinks discussion is too bothering.

I am not per se against a new mailing list (would surely subscribe to it
;-) ), but I doubt it would solve the above mentioned problems.

cheers,
Martin