[OSM-talk] Aerial imagery servers unresponsive

Tom Morris tom at tommorris.org
Sun Mar 30 12:06:13 UTC 2014

os.openstreetmap.org, ooc.openstreetmap.org and faffy.openstreetmap.org
seem to be unresponsive.

os.openstreetmap.org contains tiles for Ordnance Survey's OpenData maps.

ooc.openstreetmap.org contains tiles to trace out-of-copyright Ordnance
Survey maps.

Faffy contains Scottish OS maps.

aerial.openstreetmap.org.za contains South African aerial tiles.

gravitystorm.dev.openstreetmap.org which contains data from the UK
Surrey Air Survey also seems to be unresponsive.

Are there any plans to sort out these services? (I'm sure there are
others too.) I was hoping to do some armchair mapping of areas around
the UK. :)

It'd be quite useful if we could have some kind of health-check script
and status page to see what is and is not working: if we have JOSM users
who have WMS/TMS layers setup, just having a check every couple of hours
to see if the server is responsive and serving tiles might be worth doing.

Yours,

--
Tom Morris
<http://tommorris.org/>