[OSM-talk] Aerial imagery servers unresponsive

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Sun Mar 30 13:41:03 UTC 2014

On 30/03/14 13:06, Tom Morris wrote:

> os.openstreetmap.org, ooc.openstreetmap.org and faffy.openstreetmap.org
> seem to be unresponsive.
>
> os.openstreetmap.org contains tiles for Ordnance Survey's OpenData maps.
>
> ooc.openstreetmap.org contains tiles to trace out-of-copyright Ordnance
> Survey maps.
>
> Faffy contains Scottish OS maps.
>
> aerial.openstreetmap.org.za contains South African aerial tiles.
>
> gravitystorm.dev.openstreetmap.org which contains data from the UK
> Surrey Air Survey also seems to be unresponsive.

Those services are spread across three different machines all of which,
along with some others, have been shut down to reduce thermal load in
the room they are in as the air conditioning appears to have failed and
temperatures were skyrocketing.

Hopefully we will be able to bring at least some machines up again in
the morning once there are staff on site to resolve the environmental
issues.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)