[OSM-talk] undiscussed (?) mechanical edit on diet:vegan and diet:vegetarian

Michael Reichert nakaner at gmx.net
Tue May 20 09:55:07 UTC 2014

Hi,

I have discovered a mechanical edit of 100 restaurants worldwide by user
BuganiniQ.

comment=update diet:vegen/diet:vegetarian: set to only according to
cuisine; remove redundant tags
created_by=osmapi/0.2.24

Has this edit been discussed before? (Maybe I have missed the
discussion) I have not found anything browsing through the archives of
talk and imports mailing list back to March 2014. There are also no
results when I look for user BuganiniQ in OSM forum.

About the edit: He has removed diet:vegetarian=* if the object was
tagged diet:vegan=yes or diet:vegan=only.
If it was tagged cuisine=vegetarian, diet:vegetarian=yes, he changed it
to cuisine=vegetarian, diet:vegetarian=only. If it was tagged
cuisine=vegan, he removed diet:vegetarian=*.

You can see the full tag diff at
http://osmhv.openstreetmap.de/changeset.jsp?id=22303143

There is a wiki page about it. http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:diet
The wiki page has been saying "(N.B. it may be helpful to tag
diet:vegetarian=only and diet:vegan=yes)" since the first version of
this page on May 5, 2011.

Best regards

Michael

--
Per E-Mail kommuniziere ich bevorzugt GPG-verschlüsselt.