[OSM-talk] Street Name

John F. Eldredge john at jfeldredge.com
Sat May 31 12:32:16 UTC 2014

"Weg" is the German equivalent of "Way". Someone evidently decided to use the German term, since the street was named after a German flower.  The edelweiss is a flower native to the Alps (not just in Germany), and English adopted the German name for the flower.

If you ever saw "The Sound of Music", the Trapp Family Singers won the music competition by singing about the edelweiss.