[OSM-talk] discussion: inclusion and alcohol

Paweł Paprota ppawel at fastmail.fm
Tue Nov 4 17:54:56 UTC 2014

Not to be a wise ass but it looks recently like OSM is setting out to
solve every single problem starting from gender inequality, good
practices for bookkeeping, methods for democratic voting and now
alcoholic beverages and noise levels at OSM related events...

At the same time Ilya Zverev's message on osmf-talk with very concrete
and very actionable items is left without any response.

I mean, OSM should not be a frontier for all possible controversial
issues to be discussed and solved from ground up. There are solutions
for those things already out there. I feel like shouting "just use the
damn Google Docs for storing information and be done with it" (replace
"use Google Docs" with any issues talked about here in recent weeks).
Someone just take charge and let's press on!

True, I am regarded by most people as a troll by now but even trolls can
feel pain at the sight of something placed on its head.

Paweł