[OSM-talk] State of the Map US 2015 in New York, NY, June 6-8

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 16:52:02 UTC 2014

On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 12:04 AM, Michael Kugelmann <MichaelK_OSM at gmx.de>
wrote:

> I personally have a somehow different opinion: 2014 was in (South)
> America, so why host the next SOTM again relativeley close to there (from
> the viewpoint of an European)? OK, the UN is prestigious location for such
> a meeting. But I would prefer more to have the SOTM circulating the globe...

Last year's SotM was in Birmingham and the year before that was in Tokyo.
The distance from Tokyo to Birmingham is about 9,500 km. On the other hand,
the distance from Buenos Aires to New York is a comparable 8,500 km. So I
wouldn't say that having SotM be in New York after Buenos Aires is
relatively close. Also remember that the first 4 SotMs were all in Europe.