[OSM-talk] State of the Map US 2015 in New York, NY, June 6-8

Michael Kugelmann MichaelK_OSM at gmx.de
Wed Nov 12 18:18:32 UTC 2014

On 12.11.2014 17:52, Eugene Alvin Villar wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 12:04 AM, Michael Kugelmann
> <MichaelK_OSM at gmx.de <mailto:MichaelK_OSM at gmx.de>> wrote:
>
>     But I would prefer more to have the SOTM circulating the globe...
>
> So I wouldn't say that having SotM be in New York after Buenos Aires
> is relatively close.
I don't measure close always in numbers, but in regions/continets.

> Also remember that the first 4 SotMs were all in Europe.
maybe because the very biggest part of the community was located there
and the local community was willing to organize a SOTM? To make it
clear: I was not involved in the organisation of these conferences
neither the decission process for the location (and I am not at all
aware which criteria have been used in the decision process).

But what I really would like to see is that teh SOTM is going around the
continets  =>  Africa would be very fine. Although: the was no bid for...

Cheers,
Michael.