[OSM-talk] Experiences with graphical tablets and JOSM?

Serge Wroclawski emacsen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 14:07:29 UTC 2014

I used one briefly. I didn't have the kind where there's an LCD
projection- I had a cheap one.

It was "okay" but my experience is that I don't do much "drawing" in
Josm, rather I'm using tools to create objects like boxes and circles,
them modifying them- so the pen was more work than using a mouse.

It reminded me why light-pens went out of favor in comparison to mice.

I have a friend whose an artist, and uses a real pen for her work. It
just turns out that the work we do in Josm doesn't really have the
same workflow features. This may be a function of mapping, or a
function of Josm.

- Serge