[OSM-talk] How best to create a "single point of interest" online map with OSM data?

SomeoneElse lists at mail.atownsend.org.uk
Wed Oct 1 08:17:26 UTC 2014

On 01/10/2014 02:00, Bryce Nesbitt wrote:

> * Slowed down too much after about 200 points of interest (I need
> about 30,000 minimum for the current project)
> * Limited flexibility in designing the popup
> * Ways disappear on the map (they don't get a pin: zoom in on the map
> to see two hidden toilets).

It's not the same sort of thing as uMap, but for info the "switch2osm
leaflet example" does include some information about getting data from
an external source for the map viewport (so you don't try and display
everything all of the time):

http://switch2osm.org/using-tiles/getting-started-with-leaflet/

You'd presumably need to do something similar to "thin out" the POIs
made available if there are "too many" in a given area.

Cheers,

Andy