[OSM-talk] Detrimental validation software

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Mon Oct 13 10:48:11 UTC 2014

Hi

Once again I've had user Richrico use this website:
http://osmlab.github.io/to-fix/?error=unconnected_major5 to inaccurately
amend data in OSM.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/65398595#map=19/51.32464/-2.22817

Way: 65398595 This way is /not/ joined.

For clarification: http://goo.gl/maps/FHp4z

I've tried to contact him previously, but he failed to respond. I've
just sent him a second message.

This, & other similar types of software is being misused to insert
errors into the OSM database.
Without local knowledge there is no way users can be sure of the
accuracy of there edits. They should stick to what they know. I believe
this type of validation software should be discouraged, if not banned
completely.

I'm getting bored of my OSM time being taken up chasing after users who
are semi-deliberately adding errors.

Oh, & on Maproulette I'm getting a virus warning:
hxxp://198.58.115.35/piwik.js

Regards
Dave F.

---