[OSM-talk] Detrimental validation software

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Thu Oct 16 13:15:29 UTC 2014

Hi Marc

I had a footpath between them.

IMO users should be responsible for their own actions. Users should map
what they believe to be useful or important & objects with little
benefit just to prevent others adding errors. Especially when those
errors aren't "mistakes", but guesses made with aforethought.

I had another such edit from the same user yesterday. I asked him to
review & he's reverted which I'm grateful for, but it can't continue
like this. OSM users/editors can't be expected to be a validator's
validator.

I completely disagree that not adding a footpath makes the map
incorrect. Have you mapped every single physical object in your area?

To make the first edit even worse, a user from Iceland, presumably using
the Streetview image, has added grass, & other entities!

Cheers
Dave F.

---