[OSM-talk] Detrimental validation software

SomeoneElse lists at mail.atownsend.org.uk
Thu Oct 16 13:43:45 UTC 2014

On 16/10/2014 14:28, Maarten Deen wrote:
> On 2014-10-16 15:15, Dave F. wrote:
>
>>  I had a footpath between them.
>
> So the problem is also that the check is wrong. Apperantly it looks at
> major roads that are apart, but doesn't see that they are connected by
> another road.
> IMHO these cases should not be shown at all.

Quite possibly, but as (Andrew Buck has already said) what really
happened here is that a mapper made a mistake.  It's not a software
problem so much as a human one - and the way to fix that is to bring all
mappers (paid or otherwise) into the community, so that they can learn
from the mistakes that we've _all_ made in the past*, which according to
the Mapbox page in the wiki, is exactly what they're doing.

Cheers,

Andy

* Let he who is without sin etc.:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_hlMK7tCks