[OSM-talk] Detrimental validation software

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 14:01:34 UTC 2014

> and the way to fix that is to bring all mappers (paid or otherwise) into
> the community, so that they can learn from the mistakes that we've _all_
> made in the past*

I think the fact that the mapper was paid to edit does make a difference.
People/Companies that pay other people for mapping must ensure that the
quality of those paid mappers is at least as good as that of the volunteer
mappers (i.e. the normal mappers). I'd actually expect it to be better than
average, because when you spend a lot of time mapping you will become more
experienced and normally you will therefor do better mapping.

cheers,
Martin