[OSM-talk] [Osmf-talk] Modus operandi of the board

David Cuenca dacuetu at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 13:15:15 UTC 2014

Simon,

I was not asking to emulate the WMF, I was asking because I am not familiar
with the internal procedures of the OSMF.
But yes, after checking the numbers both organizations are not comparable,
at all.

>From this thread it seemed that there were serious issues, but seeing all
what has been accomplished with such a tight budget, it is quite a feat.

Thanks,

On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 12:38 PM, Simon Poole <simon at poole.ch> wrote:

> Am 22.10.2014 11:48, schrieb David Cuenca:
> > Hi Martin,
> >
> > thanks for the link. What about annual plans and community reviews?
> > Where can I see them?
>

> David,
>
> The WMF has a considerable amount of resources available both in funds
> and in people. It is a very Apples and Oranges comparison, which extends
> beyond just the relative size or the organisation. You will find
> essentially none of the WMFs sugar coating in the OSMF.
>
> In some of these discussions there seems to be an assumption that we
> could simply just emulate the WMF and everything would be fine and
> dandy, however the basic business model and competitive environment is
> very different and we have some very different trade off's to make.
>
> Simon

Etiamsi omnes, ego non