[OSM-talk] Overpass turbo Has it been amended?

Martin Raifer tyr.asd at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 14:29:56 UTC 2014

Hi Dave,

Yes. There was an update [0] today in which I've changed the wizard to
produce Overpass QL queries instead of the old XML-styled Overpass
language. This is maily because we wanted to be more consistent in
which query language should be the "recommended" one (see this ticket
on github [1]). There is more and more documentation and help material
available for the QL language, and advanced users seemed to have
always preferred it anyways. I know that the XML syntax was more
verbose, thus more easy to understand for beginners, but in long-term
it simply doesn't make sense to maintain two languages in parallel.

> Also, Where are the saved queries stored? It's failing to load a couple
> of mine & I'd like to manually retrieve them if possible.

This sounds like a bug. I've opened a ticket for that on github: [2].
Can you please try to open the developer tools in your browser (see
http://debugbrowser.com/ for instructions) and look if there any error
messages? If you have an account, please post anything to the github
ticket, otherwise please contact me directly.

The saved queries are stored in your browser's "local Storage" which
you can usually also access via your browser's developer tools (look
out for a "Resources" tab).

Bye,
Martin

[0] https://github.com/tyrasd/overpass-ide/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md