[OSM-talk] [Osmf-talk] Modus operandi of the board

Stefan Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 18:21:16 UTC 2014

Hi Kate

> Perhaps the issues in the board is a lack of respect for each other.

I don't see any disrespect from Simon when he referred to you speaking
about you (and others) wishing to see more OSMF members.
On the other hand I assume that you are aware that your accusation to
Simon is explicit and sidetracks this thread.

I'd love to come back to your suggestions - as far as I can follow you
- and to questions raised before I don't see any statements so far:

* I don't see any evidence that the OSMF is fundamentally broken.
* And I don't see enough reasons why the full board should step down
(not speaking about the lack of alternatives and bad timing)
* Of course community should be involved - but there are enough items
now on the agenda Frederik suggested (and I summarized above) which
simply need to be put on the boards agenda.
* Given board members are coming from several continents, I don't see
why the board should meet face-to-face when there exist video meeting
facilities.
* On the other hand I'd like to really know what you (and others)
think about Frederik's points raised in his manifesto as well as these
questions to the board members: [1].

Yours, Stefan

[1] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Foundation/AGM14/Election_to_Board