[OSM-talk] [Osmf-talk] A Better Map

Peter Barth osm-peda at won2.de
Fri Oct 24 21:43:17 UTC 2014

Hi Serge,

Serge Wroclawski schrieb:
> Then we have the OSM community who sticks around and is participatory.
> Sadly if you look at the current candidates for the board, most of
> them have never even been in a working group.

I know that's not your actual point, but as I'm one of the candidates
for the board and as I've indeed never worked for a working group in the
OSMF I have to ask on that. Do you suggest that this should be
mandatory? As I see the OSMF as a representation of the OSM community I
think it should not make a difference if one supports OSM via the
Foundation or by doing stuff like plain mapping, helping on forum, ML,
help or contribute code. Imho all is important and valuable work.

> I just think that the discussion regarding the OSMF, and paid staff
> especially, ignores the fact that a great deal of work is done today
> by people who are happy to do it (as I am) [...]

Indeed. And imho it's a counterpoint to having paid staff in the OSMF.

Peda