[OSM-talk] The world’s best addressable map

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 10:00:39 UTC 2014

Back to the OP, I don't think the OSMF should define "goals" and what
the crowd should map first. What makes the success of OSM is not only
showing a slippy map or calculating a route from A to B but really its
openness. If the foundation defines our "goals", it will fail anyway
but could generate some frustration for those who don't care about
these goals (e.g addresses). Like the "net neutrality" for ISP's, the
foundation should promote "map neutrality" and not some datasets
required by specific applications (commercial or not).

Pieren